Thursday 2 February 2012

Sophie Ryder

I stumbled across Sophie Ryder while searching for a figure sculpture. i became really interested in her sculptures.
I'm really fascinated by her work. The rabbits heads on human bodies is quite a creepy thought. They look really quite disturbing in ways. They give the impression that as humans we are as common as a wild rabbit.
Most of Sophie's sculptures are very large scale and obvious. They are normally surrounded by trees and in open natural environments where you would normally find a rabbit. She is a very recognisable sculpture. All of her works involve rabbit heads. I think her works are beautiful and they're so interesting to look at but personally i don't like how restricting the theme is of using the same object in every sculpture. I like using a wide rage of themes in my own work. However i do admire her figure work and how she makes them very life like.

No comments:

Post a Comment